Is a college degree really worth the cost and effort?
Here are my top 20 reasons that a college degree is worthwhile:
- You’ll earn about $1 million more in salary over your lifetime
- Your life expectancy is going to be longer on average
- You will have more savings as an adult
- Enjoy the flexibility to change jobs and cities if you choose to
- More purchasing options because you have more income
If money isn’t your motivator – how about these:
- Enjoy more hobbies and leisure activities
- Better health due to better decisions
- Greater job security
- More optimism about the future
- Better memories of the past
College enables you to:
- Live and socialize with tons of new people your own age
- Develop friendships with new, unique, interesting, and fun people
- Try new activities at little or no cost
- Attend concerts and sporting events for free
- Travel abroad for a meaningful amount of time
Still not convinced? How about:
- See free movies shown at the college before they are on video
- All you can eat buffets everyday
- You can join a weird club
- You can start your own new (even weirder) club
- Your kids are more likely to want to go to college too
Obviously everyone has their own reasons for choosing to go to college, and for choosing the college that they attend. Ultimately you’re the only one who can decide what’s right for your situation.
Deciding that college is the correct path is only the beginning. Whether you want the benefits of working with a college consultant or go it alone, make sure to ask the right questions about your target colleges so that youchoose a college that is the right fit for you.
Join the conversation – share your ideas about why a college degree is awesome on our Facebook page…
Thanks for reading!