College is what we do
No matter where you are on your path to college acceptance, we can help add your story to our growing list of successful outcomes. Take the first step to a brighter future and request a free meeting with us today.
We Find the Right Fit
Our advice is tailored to the individual needs of each client, but our goal is always the same – admission to a college that the student loves that fits academically, socially, geographically and financially.
For some students we use personality assessments to learn more about them, and give them insight into what their strengths and weaknesses are. This information gives additional insight into possible majors as well as potential careers.
Choose a College You Love
The cost of a Bachelor’s Degree starts at $40,000, and can rise to over $380,000 for 4 years at some private colleges. This is a major investment, and having expert counseling can make an enormous difference financially and emotionally.
While nobody can make guarantees about future results, our students have received significant merit-based scholarships. In 2022 they were awarded over $4.7 million dollars in merit scholarship money – in most cases this has been a wonderful return on investment for the families who have hired us, more than covering the cost of our services.
In addition to the financial benefits, we also help students grow as individuals, worry less during this potentially stressful process, and get admitted to colleges where they can thrive.
Each student with whom we work with receives personalized college coaching. In contrast to a guidance counselor who may have hundreds of students on their roster, we get to know each of our students well.
This in-depth knowledge enables us to focus on the areas of their college preparation that need the most attention.
Each student has unique needs – whether it’s developing ideas for essays, expanding their resume and extra-curricular activities, or coaching on interview skills., We can help.
Our graduate school expert also specializes in the BSMD & JD programs and has a tailored approach for any student interested in pre-professional programs.
Apply to the Right College
Selecting a college that aligns with their goals and desires can be one of the most complicated decisions that young adults will make in their lifetime. Our consultants help students navigate the vast sea of choices with the following strategies:
We may use personality indicators and assesments to understand your student’s strengths and weaknesses and provide insight into their natural tendencies and uniqueness.
We develop a college list tailored to each student’s unique abilities, interests, grades, and goals- and we can lead with “cost” if that is important to you.
Understanding college and university pricing is an important piece of the puzzle. We have a program called QUATRO MONEY to help you understand YOUR true cost and different payment and loan options.
Improve Your Chance of Admission
Selecting the correct schools is only part of the challenge. In addition to our cutting-edge client management system COUNSELMORE, we offer the following services to empower our students and give them a competitive advantage.
- Develop a college list based on academics, geography, interest, and family financials;
- Assist in developing a resume/activities to highlight the student’s distinctive strengths and special achievements;
- Construct a digital resume where appropriate;
- Compare the different standardized testing options (SAT/ACT);
- Discuss test preparation options, including cost-effective or free review strategies.
- Assist with aspects of the essays and personal statements, including brainstorming ideas and providing feedback;
- Conduct practice interviews to make our students more effective and comfortable with college admission interviews;
- Review offers using our unique tool and COLLEGE VALUE METER
Reduce Stress for a Positive Outcome
While all of our college consulting services inherently help to reduce the stress on the student and their family, we also do other things that are specifically designed to help in this area:
- Our counseling system-COUNSELMORE streamlines the process and keep students moving through the process with the knowledge that they have an expert who cares about their success.
- We strive to help the student become more self-aware and build their confidence as they tackle this very important milestone.
- Having us keep the students on course allows the parent/child relationship to be healthier and less stressful. BUT- we are not babysitters. If the student is invested in the process, this will be amazing for you.
- We assess your budget and help you choose schools on your list that fit FINANCIALLY as well as geographically, socially, and academically.
- We love what we do. Even once the process is over, we stay in touch with many of our students who then host our next group when they visit colleges.
- We smooth the college transition for everyone.