We do have time to wrap up a few items before you head into your senior year. And we think this last year of high school should be EPIC, so let’s get moving and take some things off of your list of to-dos.
1. Register for one more ACT or SAT if you think you can improve your super score.
2. Note the deadlines for your college applications. Submit any schools with Rolling Admissions ASAP. Know your RD, ED, EA, REA…
3. Follow up on teacher recommendations and make sure your counselor knows you.
4. Timing and Preparation- The Common App (or other college applications)
We have been working together to gather the information that will fill your application. This slow process allows for us to really dive deep into what you have done with your free time. It is important to fill it out in a way that differentiates you in the college application process. Follow the rules. Answer everything truthfully and use the HELP button if you get confused. How to be “not so common?”
5. Check your transcript!
6. The Personal Essay and Supplements
9. See Schools- VISIT (and follow the COVID guidelines)
You don’t know what you don’t know. Do not listen to sideline chatter or to the US News and World Report rankings. Do your due diligence and research the schools where you are interested. Use Naviance to find similar schools. Work with us as we have been to over 500 campuses and have many tools that we use to find the right fit for you. Don’t only look at the “USUAL SUSPECTS”, be bold, be different, be your best advocate and visit every school close to you so that you understand what is out there for you.